Support and Training
The Edison Early Learning Center was founded by Dawn and Keith Toolan in 2007 with a vision of going beyond childcare by introducing families and their children to a strong academic early childhood environment. With backgrounds in education, Dawn and Keith decided to bring their expertise into an early childhood facility where parents can trust professional teachers to prepare their child for a lifetime of learning. They view each of their centers as a small school with big goals for their unique students. Our schools deliver a strong academic early childhood curriculum rooted in STEAM education.
At The Edison Early Learning Center communication with parents is very important to our students’ success in the classroom. Our teachers issue weekly lesson plans and parent newsletters, conduct parent-teacher conferences, promote family gathering events, and communicate with parents daily via the Brightwheel childcare platform. Our early learning centers currently provide enrichment for infants, toddlers, early preschool, pre-kindergarten 3, pre-kindergarten 4, junior kindergarten, kindergarten, and school-aged summer STEAM camp programs. Our goal is to provide a school atmosphere and convenient child care options for working parents who are seeking a private school setting for their child’s early childhood education. Our goal is to now expand this philosophy of education through franchising. We are seeking individuals who share the same passion for early childhood education as we have for the past decade.
The Edison Early Learning Center has energetic and motivated teachers who are fully trained in our companies philosophies, policies, procedures, and practices. This positive atmosphere of our centers and well-run school model attracts well-qualified employees, which supports the high expectations of our early childhood education model.
Why Choose to Franchise an Edison rather than a daycare?
• Strong academic curriculum for all ages
• Age appropriate assessments
• Before and After Care for working parents
• Limited business hours of 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
• Half-day and school-day program option for parents
• Fifteen-holiday closures built-in per year
• Optional limited summer hours
• No weekends or holidays Summer school-aged STEAM program supports lower enrollment during summer months
• Professional teachers with degrees in early childhood education.
• Department of Education Private School Certificate allows for larger class size
• No meal program required as students bring their own meals
• Franchisor with over twenty years of experience in the field of education
• Over a decade of strong operating corporate location
• Our vast procedures and operating systems will guide the franchisee
• Strong return on investment
• Financially sound operating model which can be adapted nationwide
• Academic childcare is a growing trend
• Believes in the Importance of early childhood education
• Strong work ethic, is disciplined and has integrity
• Feels both parents and students needs are important
• Motivated to construct a team of educators and drive enrollment year-round
• Possesses strong sales and marketing skills or is willing to learn
• Is a bit business savvy
• Willingness to learn new skills just like our students
• Meets the financial requirements to franchise
Keep in mind, our knowledgeable staff is here to help you along this exciting path; from deciding if this is the right opportunity for you to opening day and beyond! You are not just becoming an Edison franchise, you are joining the Edison family!
We will provide ongoing training and support in many areas, including unit operations, maintenance, customer-service techniques, product ordering, pricing guidelines, and administrative procedures.
We will coordinate the development of advertising materials and strategies, consumer marketing plans, and materials.
Ongoing Business Development Support:
We will provide our continued research methods and techniques to enhance unit-level profitability.
Are you ready to make a difference in your future with The Edison Early Learning Center?